Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problems with noise and out 2 (EWS64XL)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Antikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey guys!
    I just installed an EWS64XL in a brand new computer, and I am hearing *huge* amounts of background noise when playing back *anything*. Even when Using the cd player or WinAmp and I pause the player and turn up the volume some I get rediculous amounts of noise that sounds somewhat computer generated. If I move the sliders in the EWS control panel I can hear a kind of soft drumroll of noise, and this altogether kinda spoils the fun. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

    Similarly, I can't seem to hook up a set of PC speakers to OUT-1 and use Out-2 to feed my multitracker. Out-2 just doesnt work. I think it has somehting to do with Virtual Channels, but I'm not sure.

    I will need both OUT's working *constantly* in the future. Any Ideas, anyone?

    Thanx!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ruebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hi antikal,

    i just found the source of my sound problems today: It is the power management of my motherboard, which switches off the CPU everytime it has nothing to do to save power.

    These rests last e.g. from one interrupt of the mouse to another, so that every mouse movement can be heard as a lot of crackling noise.
    Maybe it is in connection with a weak power supply, that these voltage changes result in hearable noise.

    Try to switch off your power management in the bios, maybe this will help you too.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ruebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)


    I have to add something:

    I only got perfect results when i also removed the power management support from the windows 98 system control:

    Sorry for the german names:

    In start->einstellungen->system->
    systemkomponenten i disabled the topics
    'Intel 82371EB Power Management Controller' and 'Unterstuetzung fuer Advanced Power Management'.

    The result was better than -90 dB for IN2 on both channels!

    So disable Power Management in bios AND in windows.

    But do it on your own risk, i tested this trick only on my PC and do not know if other computers will dislike these settings...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •